Come experience the flavours of “Nature’s Candies” in a 2-hour fruit market tour.
South America is the origin of the biggest variety of fruits in the world. Coconut, passion fruit, avocado, pineapple, cocoa, açaí, custard apple, star fruit, guava, cashew to name but a few… There are literally hundreds of them and dozens are part of everyday Brazilian life, specially in or near the Amazon or the Cerrado (Brazilian Outback).
This fruit tasting session introduces you to over a dozen of these exotic fruits.
You will cut open, smell, taste and drink various fruits.
Our fruit presenter will talk about their nutrional value, culinary uses and economic importance.
Fruits to expect (depending on season)
- Caju – Cashew fruit
- Goiaba – Guava
- Manga espada
- Amora – Mirtleberry
- Jack fruit
- Custard Apple
- Passion Fruit
- Sweet Papay
Our fruit market tour in Rio De Janeiro offers an exotic experience.
How it works:
1) you book by paying a 30% deposit and choosing your prefered date.
2) we meet at an easy-to-find meeting point near the fruit market at the agreed time (usually 10am).
3) we guide you through the market for 90 minutes, explaining and tasting the exotic fruits. (bring camera)
4) you pay the remaining 70% at the end of the tour.5) we help you with directions to your next destination.
Price and Duration
Each session lasts 90 to 120 minutes, costs R$105 (roughly US$31) per person and includes everything you’ll be tasting.
Deposit to book a tour
To book, please pay the 30% deposit. You can choose your ideal dates after. You can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the tour. If we for some reason we can’t execute the tour, we will refund your deposit.
Alternate deposit payment method
Please use the form below to pay without having to sign up for Paypal
2 Or More Participants
Tasting Session Locations
Our tasting sessions happen at the produce fairs that happen around the Rio’s South Zone, usually around 10am (we can change according to your preference, but only as late as noon, as the market closes):
- Monday: Rua Henrique Dumont in Ipanema
- Tuesday: Praca General Osorio in Ipanema
- Wednesday: Praca Edmundo Bittencourt in Copa
- Thursday: Cobal in Leblon
- Friday: Praca Nossa Senhora da Paz in Ipanema
- Saturday: Rua Frei Leandro in Jardim Botanico
Comments or questions are welcome.