Come experience the flavours of “Nature’s Candies” in a 2-hour fruit market tour.
South America is the origin of the biggest variety of fruits in the world. Coconut, passion fruit, avocado, pineapple, cocoa, açaí, custard apple, star fruit, guava, cashew to name but a few… There are literally hundreds of them and dozens are part of everyday Brazilian life, specially in or near the Amazon or the Cerrado (Brazilian Outback).
This fruit tasting session introduces you to over a dozen of these exotic fruits.
You will cut open, smell, taste and drink various fruits.
Our fruit presenter will talk about their nutrional value, culinary uses and economic importance.
Fruits to expect (depending on season)
- Caju – Cashew fruit
- Goiaba – Guava
- Manga espada
- Amora – Mirtleberry
- Jack fruit
- Custard Apple
- Passion Fruit
- Sweet Papaya
Our fruit market tour in Rio De Janeiro offers an exotic experience.
How it works:
1) You book by paying here and choosing your preferred date.
2) We meet at an easy-to-find meeting point near the fruit market at the agreed time (usually 10am).
3) We guide you through the market for almost 2 hours, explaining and tasting the exotic fruits. (bring camera)
4) You don’t need to pay for the fruits we’ll present… you can buy more fruits as you wish.
5) We help you with directions to your next destination.
Price and Duration
Each session lasts 120 minutes, costs only USD$ 39.95 per person, and includes everything you’ll be tasting.
Pay to book a tour
You can choose your ideal dates after.
You can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the tour.
If we for some reason we can’t execute the tour, we will refund your deposit.
Tasting Session Locations
Our tasting sessions happen at the produce fairs that happen around the Rio’s South Zone, usually around 11am (we can change according to your preference, but only as late as noon, as the market closes):
- Meeting points as per day of week:
- Monday: Hotel Praia Ipanema (Av. Vieira Souto, 706 )
- Tuesday: Bar Belmonte in Ipanema (R. Teixeira de Melo, 53 B – Ipanema)
- Wednesday: Praca Edmundo Bittencourt in Copa by the water fountaing
- Thursday: Desacato bar (Rua Conde de Bernadotte, 26 )
- Friday: at the door of “Nossa Senhora da Paz” Church in Ipanema (R. Visc. de Pirajá, 339 – Ipanema,)
- Saturday: “Panificacao Lagoa” ( Rua Jardim Botanico 153)