Experience the tastes of Brazil like a local

Book your guided farmer’s market tour with Fruit Brazil today and sample some of the most unique, delicious and interesting fruits our country has to offer.

Click here to Reserve Spot

Go beyond the tour book and experience the best Rio has to offer.

fruit brazil Here in Rio, we love showing off our city to the world. From Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer to Copacabana, Ipanema, and Estádio do Maracanã, there is no shortage of places to go and things to do. These places are all spectacular, but the best to get to know the real Brazil is by experiencing our amazing food. Rodízios, Salgadinhos and, of course, some of the most delicious and unique fruits on the planet.
This fruit tasting session introduces you to over a dozen of these exotic fruits.  

Taste authentic Brazilian fruit at Rio’s famous farmer’s markets

You’ve probably tried some coconut water at the beachside bars, and maybe even had some tropical fruits for breakfast at your hotel but until you’ve visited our world-famous farmer’s markets, you haven’t truly experienced Brazilian fruit. Fruits to expect (depending on season)
  • Acai
  • Caju - Cashew fruit
  • Acerola
  • Goiaba - Guava
  • Manga espada
  • Jabuticaba
  • Graviola
  • Amora - Mirtleberry
  • Carambola
  • Jack fruit
  • Custard Apple
  • Pequi
  • Passion Fruit
  • Pitanga
  • Umbu
  • Seriguela
  • Tamarindo
  • Sweet Papay
  • Kinkan
The list changes based on the season, but there are always dozens of delicious fruits available to try. Many tourists won’t have the opportunity to visit the Amazon or Cerrado…but visiting a real Brazilian farmer’s market is the next best thing.   It’s never been easier to sample these delicious fruits for yourself! Join our expert fruit presenters for a guided English-language journey into the history and cultural importance of Brazil’s native fruits. During this 90-minute tour, you will learn about the nutritional value, culinary uses and economic importance of our fruits as you sample the products and mingle with real Cariocas (Rio locals) at the market. How the guided tour works:  
  • Book Your Tour + Pay Deposit
  • Arrive at Safe, Easy to Find Meeting Point Outside the Market
  • Take Your Guided Tour and Sample Fruits
  • Pay Remaining Balance Upon Completion
  • Receive Complimentary City Directions + Tips from Your Guide

Want to try these exotic fruits for yourself?

Book your fruit tour today!

For just US$39.99 per person, you get a guided 90-minute tour with fruit samples included and a once in a lifetime Carioca experience! That’s not even the best part – we are so committed to your satisfaction that we only require 30% of the fees upfront. You only pay the remaining 70% after enjoying your tour - that means you can reserve your spot for as low as $12…  The only downside? We have limited capacity and spaces fill up fast. Schedule your tour today to beat the crowd!  

Deposit to book a tour

30% Deposit for

Alternate deposit payment method

Please use the form below to pay without having to sign up for Paypal

1 Participant
   2 Or More Participants

Tasting Session Locations

Our tasting sessions happen at the produce fairs that happen around the Rio's South Zone, usually around 10am (we can change according to your preference, but only as late as noon, as the market closes):
  • Meeting points as per day of week:
  • Monday: Hotel Praia Ipanema (Av. Vieira Souto, 706 )
  • Tuesday: Bar Belmonte in Ipanema (R. Teixeira de Melo, 53 B - Ipanema)
  • Wednesday: Praca Edmundo Bittencourt in Copa by the water fountaing
  • Thursday: Desacato bar (Rua Conde de Bernadotte, 26 )
  • Friday: at the door of "Nossa Senhora da Paz" Church in Ipanema (R. Visc. de Pirajá, 339 - Ipanema,)
  • Saturday: "Panificacao Lagoa" ( Rua Jardim Botanico 153)


  cris e georg med


Comments or questions are welcome.

* indicates required field